regression in ttm

Koenig, Christian Christian.Koenig at amd.com
Wed Dec 5 11:41:35 UTC 2018

Am 05.12.18 um 12:33 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On 2018-12-05 12:24 p.m., Koenig, Christian wrote:
>>> I also hit this with Bonaire in my development system. I wonder why you
>>> didn't? How are you running piglit?
>> With more memory. The issue is in TTM and only happens when you start to
>> evict something.
> How much memory do you have, how many CPU cores, and how many piglit
> tests running in parallel? 16G (1G VRAM) / 8/16 (SMT) / 16 here.
>
> Which piglit profile are you using? gpu here (with the
> glx-multithread-texture test excluded, because that hangs due to a Mesa
> bug with so many CPU cores).
>
> Are you running piglit with/out --process-isolation false? With it here.

I usually run piglit as last thing in the evening on my Vega/Ryzen
system. That box has 16GB VRAM, 32GB system.

No idea what the piglit settings actually are since I'm using the Ubuntu
package to update it. My script just runs "piglit run
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/piglit/tests/gpu.py ~/Temp/".

I have to confess that I rarely look out for regressions in the actual
result, but rather look out for lockups or KASAN reports from the kernel
in dmesg.

Christian.