After Vega 56/64 GPU hang I unable reboot system

StDenis, Tom Tom.StDenis at amd.com
Wed Dec 19 22:41:03 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-19 4:21 p.m., Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> I see that backtrace in my previous message are borked.
> I place backtrace in text file for more comfort reading in this message.

The backtrace points to the segfault in umr caused when it fails to read
the file.  We want to know why it can't open the file.  Something like

sudo strace umr -R gfx[.] 2>&1 | tee strace.log

will capture everything.

In the mean time I can fix at least the segfault.

The issue is why can't it open "amdgpu_ring_gfx".

Tom