amdgpu driver, Screen artifacts on >=75 Hz FHD display unless forced power state, if there was >=75 Hz when Xorg started.

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at protonmail.ch
Wed Dec 26 17:12:08 UTC 2018

Hi Harry,

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:48 PM, Wentland, Harry <Harry.Wentland at amd.com> wrote:
> Does this patch help you?
>
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/264781/
>
> The easiest way to test it would be to build and try the amd-staging-drm-next branch from https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/?h=amd-staging-drm-next
>
> Which monitors are you using and how are they connected (DP, HDMI, any adapters)?

I am using the LG 24MK600M.

Since the file names in patch did not matched the one on 4.19 and 4.20 I used the tree you linked me to and the branch you pointed out. I confirmed the changes from patch are there.

It did not solved my problems, or, at least not all of them. The fastest way to reproduce it is to start firefox and jump fast between 2 tabs that had something loaded, on default `auto` I can see that whole firefox window goes grey/black and redraw from time to time. The moment I set pp to either low or high it does no longer happen.

-- Piotr.