Documentation about AMD's HSA implementation?

Ming Yang minos.future at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:00:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm interested in HSA and excited when I found AMD's fully open-stack ROCm
supporting it. Before digging into the code, I wonder if there's any
documentation available about AMD's HSA implementation, either book,
whitepaper, paper, or documentation.

I did find helpful materials about HSA, including HSA standards on this
page (http://www.hsafoundation.com/standards/) and a nice book about HSA
(Heterogeneous System Architecture A New Compute Platform Infrastructure).
But regarding the documentation about AMD's implementation, I haven't found
anything yet.

Please let me know if there are ones publicly accessible. If no, any
suggestions on learning the implementation of specific system components,
e.g., queue scheduling.

Best,
Mark