[RFC] Monthly or quarterly xf86-video-amdgpu

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Feb 16 15:12:01 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-16 03:51 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear AMD folks,
>

> xf86-video-amdgpu 1.4.0 was released over five months ago. If I am not
> mistaken, currently a release is scheduled roughly every six months.
>
> A lot of distributions and we internally follow releases, so it’d help
> us greatly if there were more frequent releases. Would this possible
> without too much overhead?

I'm afraid not, at least not without a volunteer stepping up to take
care of the additional releases.

I'm currently working towards the next release around the end of this
month. I'm planning to change the versioning scheme to be year based,
i.e. the next release will be 18.0, then 18.1, then probably 19.0 etc.
Same for xf86-video-ati. Any concerns or comments?