AMD E8860 on PowerPC with u-boot (T2080)

Bas Vermeulen bas at daedalean.ai
Wed Feb 21 08:49:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am unsure if this is the right place to ask, but it seems relevant.

I am trying to use an AMD E8860 (SI) board connected to an E6500 PowerPC
board (T2080RDB from NXP).
The T2080RDB does not use a BIOS, and uses u-boot to bootstrap Linux.

I have the E8860 connected to a PCIe x4 slot with an adapter. The kernel is
a 4.1, with DRM included in the kernel and the radeon as a module. The
radeon driver detects the card, notices the BIOS hasn't posted and starts
things up.
After that, the ring tests get run, and fails on the ring 0 test, disabling
acceleration. The graphics card is (or seems to be) working apart from
that, the driver starts up and sees the connectors on the board.

When I compare dmesg on an x86 machine and the PPC machine, I see that the
x86 machine loads a lot more firmware from the kernel (probably the
acceleration parts?).

My question is, what do I need to do to correctly initialize the E8860
board on my powerpc machine?
Is there some documentation you can point me to, or someone to ask?

Bas Vermeulen