AMD E8860 on PowerPC with u-boot (T2080)

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Feb 21 09:36:35 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-21 09:49 AM, Bas Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unsure if this is the right place to ask, but it seems relevant.
>
> I am trying to use an AMD E8860 (SI) board connected to an E6500 PowerPC
> board (T2080RDB from NXP).

BTW, looks like the CPU runs in big endian mode
(CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN=y), doesn't it? If so, be warned that this is
just the tip of the iceberg. The Mesa radeonsi driver doesn't work on
big endian hosts yet, fixing that would involve a lot of work and pain.
And without that, you won't be able to actually use any hardware
acceleration.