LLVM 7.0 and MESA 17.4 + Wayland = broken mouse control

Mikhail Gavrilov mikhail.v.gavrilov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:46:16 UTC 2018

Hi.
Anybody already tryied LLVM 7 and Wayland???
After LLVM is updated in repo
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/che/mesa/ to 7.0.0-0.1.r322132
mouse hover are stop working on all controls. It means I unable
launch application by clicking on application icon also I unnable drag
and resize windows. And all controls are unclickable. But keyboard
works fine.

This problem only happens with AMD GPU. Intel GPU not affected by this bug.

This sounds like the known gnome-shell/mutter bugs related to 10 bits
per component colour formats. I.e. it's probably not directly related
to LLVM but to changes in how Mesa exposes such formats to
applications.

--
Best Regards,
Mike Gavrilov.