DEBUG_LOCKS_WARN_ON(sem->owner != ((struct task_struct *)(1UL << 0)))

Pan, Xinhui Xinhui.Pan at amd.com
Fri Jul 13 11:13:16 UTC 2018

I think this is a kernel bug. See patch
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/kernel/locking?h=v4.18-rc4&id=03eeafdd9ab06a770d42c2b264d50dff7e2f4eee

-----Original Message-----
From: Pan, Xinhui
Sent: 2018年7月13日 18:17
To: Kuehling, Felix <Felix.Kuehling at amd.com>; Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>
Cc: amd-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: RE: DEBUG_LOCKS_WARN_ON(sem->owner != ((struct task_struct *)(1UL << 0)))

Reproduced on my side. This backtrace only shows one time after boot up unless reboot again.

This backtrace is introduced by KFDIPCTest.BasicTest(other tests also can introduce it).
This test defines some buffers which are mapped to gpu, and the fork later causes this warning.

The code comments says libhfskmt should do cleanup work after fork as these buffers are invalid in child process.
But the warning shows during fork(), how libhsakmt do such cleanup work?