Adjusting fan speed

Aleksandr Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:39:41 UTC 2018

Is it possible to adjust fan speed without switching to fully manual
control (pwm1_enable=1)? I'm looking for something similar to min/max
fan speed and target/max temperature settings like in Wattman on
Windows. Would be nice to just set them using udev rule.

Or is fan control on windows working similar to fancontrol script
(when custom fan speeds/temperatures are set)? I mean is the driver on
windows just continiously checking the temperature and changing pwm
accordingly?

The card, if it matters: Vega 64 (Sapphire Nitro+)