KASAN: use-after-free in amdgpu_ttm_tt_pte_flags

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jun 13 10:55:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-13 12:55 PM, Huang Rui wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 08:15:26PM +0200, Christian König wrote:
>> Going to take a look on Monday.
>>

> Christian, have you looked at this issue? If not, can I volunteer to look at
> it?
>
> Michel, may I know which test of piglit trigger this issue? I tried to run
> with quick.py, but didn't reproduce it.

I'm using the gpu profile, which runs slightly fewer tests than quick.

It could be one of those issues which can only be reproduced when
running piglit after compiling LLVM etc., e.g. due to the pressure on
the kernel memory management subsystem created by the latter.

Also note that I've only ever seen this once so far.

In summary, it may be difficult to reproduce. :) Probably best to look
at the KASAN report for now.