DCN/PP regression

Tom St Denis tstdenis at amd.com
Tue Jun 26 14:23:29 UTC 2018

On 06/26/2018 05:09 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 2018-06-26 10:39 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> On 2018-06-25 03:58 PM, Tom St Denis wrote:
>>> With a Tonga dGPU installed in a Raven1 system I see (attached) dmesg
>>> warning from init.
>>>
>>> Also, every warm reboot results in my Tonga failing to init (also
>>> attached).  If I cold reboot (hit the reset button) it works fine.
>>
>> FWIW, I'm not seeing either issue with my Tonga.
>
> That being said, I just got the attached splats when stopping GDM.

Ah yes, I can reproduce the Tonga failure with the parent commit of the
DCN bug commit.  Which makes sense.

So right now if I take my Tonga and put it in my Carrizo board I can
warm reboot with reckless abandon and it inits just fine.  But in my
Raven1 it fails after a warm reboot most of the time and I think a cold
reboot some of the time (so it might have nothing to do with the nature
of the reboot).

One thing I did notice is on my RV1 it posts the Tonga first and on my
CZ it posts the Tonga second.

I wonder if there is some background init process that is messing with it.

Tom