Changes to let KFD use render node VMs

Kuehling, Felix Felix.Kuehling at amd.com
Fri Mar 2 06:19:18 UTC 2018

Hi David,

Compute contexts enable the compute power profile, and can use a different VM update mode from graphics contexts (SDMA vs. CPU). These differences are not going away. Not yet, anyway. If we start sharing VM address space between graphics and compute in the future, this will have to change. That is, these features would have to be controlled by other means than by the vm context.

Regards,
  Felix