Changes to let KFD use render node VMs

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Fri Mar 2 07:43:29 UTC 2018

Hi Felix,

patch #3 looks good to me in general, but why do you need to cache the
pd_phys_addr?

The BO already does that anyway, so you can just use
amdgpu_bo_gpu_addr() for this which also makes some additional checks on
debug builds.

patch #5 well mixing power management into the VM functions is a clear NAK.

That certainly doesn't belong there, but we can have a counter how many
compute VMs we have in the manager. amdgpu_vm_make_compute() can then
return if this was the first VM to became a compute VM or not.

The rest of the patch looks good to me.

Regards,
Christian.