[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-amdgpu 18.0.0

Mario Kleiner mario.kleiner.de at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 07:25:03 UTC 2018

Hi Michel,

wrt. our conversation from ~ 1 month ago:

On 01/22/2018 07:01 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 2018-01-22 03:14 AM, Mario Kleiner wrote:
>
>> When testing against current master in dual-x-screen mode,
>> i found out that the current ati-ddx commit at the top 1fe8ca75974c52
>> "Keep track of how many SW cursors are visible on each screen"
>> breaks multi x-screen setups by screwing up cursor handling.
>
> I stumbled over this myself the other day. There's an issue with the
> (un)wrapping of miPointerSpriteFuncRec entries. Not sure yet what
> exactly's wrong with it though. I'll look into it.

Has the multi-x-screen breakage been fixed for amdgpu 18.0.0? I can't
see a commit hinting at a fix, and i assume it was broken by the new HW
cursor + pageflip logic, just as in the xf86-video-ati case? I can't
test anything myself atm. as my only  amdgpu capable gpu has left me :(

Broken multi-x-screen from an official driver release ending in a distro
would be a big problem for many vision scientists, as they depend on AMD
+ dual-x-screen support for their work.

Thanks,
-mario