Ryzen 5 2400g - colors/contrast messed up on amd-staging-drm-next and drm-next-4.17-wip

Hubert Łępicki hubert.lepicki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:03:06 UTC 2018

Hey,

I was giving a shot your work in progress branch for the AMDGPU
driver, hoping maybe it brings some fixes to Ryzen 5 2400g. It does
not look like it, but I might have discovered a bug (or you may be
well aware of it since it's work in progress...). Either way, just to
let you know:

Graphics is sort of messed up on drm-next-4.17-wip and
amd-staging-drm-next branches on my Ryzen 5 2400g. I am attaching
screenshots.

Correct colors/contrast on Ubuntu 18.04 / stock 4.15 kernel:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3IXkgOXh955vygff2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rD2aw7jvO6cbbTLh2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3IXkgOXh955vygff2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xLYC9N7drU687L8o2

Incorrect colors/contrast on Ubuntu 18.04 / amd-staging-drm-next branch:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nDXM7LFgnkRDMtoh1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aG94pY4o4L1zaLAj2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FogNie21obF9w0ek2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PHiQ9Npgo24DnoDD2

These are photos taken with a phone camera, as on any captured
screenshots everything is fine.

I can provide better / detailed photos if you need me to.

This has been observed on Ubuntu 18.04, and Arch Linux, Gigabyte
AB350m-gaming3, Ryzen 5 2400g, on both Wayland and Xorg.

Hope that helps,
All the best,
Hubert Łepicki

--