[drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring gfx timeout

Dāvis Mosāns davispuh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:23:38 UTC 2018

pirmd., 2018. g. 10. sept., plkst. 12:04 — lietotājs Michel Dänzer
(<michel at daenzer.net>) rakstīja:

> On 2018-09-08 7:24 p.m., Dāvis Mosāns wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > With Radeon RX Vega 64 when launching LibreOffice (6.1.0.3) on Arch
> > Linux with 4.18.5 kernel then display freezes.
> > dmesg contains:
> >
> > [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring gfx timeout, signaled
> > seq=8322, emitted seq=8325
> > [drm] GPU recovery disabled.
> >
> > I tested that it doesn't happen with 4.17.14 kernel.
>
> Can you bisect between 4.17 and 4.18?

This is really really weird, I can't reproduce anymore.
Previously it was happening consistently every time, but now on same
kernel it doesn't happen anymore.
Maybe it's related to some started applications, attached monitors and
some other GPU state...
Also bad that sadly I updated some KDE libraries.
Oh well, anyway never mind then. It doesn't happen with any kernels I tried now.