Screen flicckering due to "drm/amdgpu: enable gfxoff again on raven series"

Pinky j-pi at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 5 16:24:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have today compiled the drm-next kernel from (1) and find out the screen is
flickering and shows various artifacts. By bissecting I found the cause
is commit 005440066f929ba0dca8f4e0aebfbf8daac592cc. By reverting it the
problem went out.

I does not have idea about what to do next. Sorry if this should be posted to
some bugzilla instead, I have got a bit lost. If so, would You please
point my out what to do?

With best regards,
    Pinkava J.

lspci (partial)

00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 IOMMU
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
06:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] (rev d1)
06:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio Controller

(1) git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux