vega20_ta.bin

Daryl Kuchay daryl.kuchay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:57:33 UTC 2019

Trying to build linux-5.07 on gentoo. Installed linux-firmware and it looks
to be from 3/13:

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/sys-kernel/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20190313.ebuild

At cpio stage of genkernel I see the following:

cp: cannot stat '/lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_ta.bin': No such file or
directory

Have not been able to get a working kernel. Simply taking gentoo wiki
config adds from a zcat on current config from gentoo 4/03 install media
running on kernel 4.19.

Looking in lib/firmware/amdgpu after installation of linux-firmware I see
no file for:

vega20_ta.bin

Just grabbed a fresh linux-firmware from git and looking inside reveals
that:

vega20_ta.bin

is not within current either. I see mentions of it in psp patch files
visible from git but I dont see the firmware file itself anywhere.

Would this be keeping me from booting?

Thank you

Daryl