vddgfx reported as N/A

Jean Delvare jdelvare at suse.de
Mon Aug 26 09:13:23 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am investigating why "sensors" reports amdgpu's vddgfx as N/A on my
Radeon R5 240. Digging through the code I found that
si_dpm_read_sensor() is being called with idx = AMDGPU_PP_SENSOR_VDDGFX
which is *not* implemented by this function. So it's never going to
report any value.

The situation is the same for kv_dpm_read_sensor() which also doesn't
support idx = AMDGPU_PP_SENSOR_VDDGFX. idx = AMDGPU_PP_SENSOR_GPU_POWER
is also not supported by either function while it is being called
(resulting in power1 being reported as N/A too).

My question is whether this is something that can be implemented or not?

If it can't be implemented because the hardware does not have these
sensors then I would prefer if the attributes are not created at all so
as to not clutter the output of "sensors".

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support