[error] Drm -> amdgpu Unrecoverable Machine Check

Christian König ckoenig.leichtzumerken at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 12:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi Yusuf,

Am 02.12.19 um 12:41 schrieb Yusuf Altıparmak:
> My embedded board is freezing when I put E9171 on PCIe. What is the
> meaning of Unrecoverable Machine Check error about GPU?

Well see the explanation on Wikipedia for example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-check_exception

In general it means you have messed up something in your hardware
configuration.

> Could PCIe settings in .dts file cause this problem?

Possible, but rather unlikely. My best guess is that it is some problem
with the power supply.

> If it is, is there any sample PCIe configuration for E9171?

The E9171 is just a PCIe device, so the dtsi is actually rather
uninteresting. What we really need is a full dmesg and maybe lspci
output would help as well.

Regards,
Christian.