amdgpu/TTM oopses since merging swiotlb_dma_ops into the dma_direct code

Sibren Vasse sibren at sibrenvasse.nl
Mon Jan 14 19:00:10 UTC 2019

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 19:10, Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 06:52:26PM +0100, Sibren Vasse wrote:

> > > So we probably somehow got a false positive.
> > >
> > > For now I'like the reported to confirm that the dma_direct_unmap_page+0x92
> > > backtrace really is in the swiotlb code (I can't think of anything else,
> > > but I'd rather be sure).
> > I'm not sure what you want me to confirm. Could you elaborate?
>
> Please open the vmlinux file for which this happend in gdb,
> then send the output from this command
>
>         l *(dma_direct_unmap_page+0x92)
>
> to this thread.
My call trace contained:
Jan 10 16:34:51 <hostname> kernel:  dma_direct_unmap_page+0x7a/0x80

(gdb) list *(dma_direct_unmap_page+0x7a)
0xffffffff810fa28a is in dma_direct_unmap_page (kernel/dma/direct.c:291).
286                     size_t size, enum dma_data_direction dir,
unsigned long attrs)
287     {
288             phys_addr_t phys = dma_to_phys(dev, addr);
289
290             if (!(attrs & DMA_ATTR_SKIP_CPU_SYNC))
291                     dma_direct_sync_single_for_cpu(dev, addr, size, dir);
292
293             if (unlikely(is_swiotlb_buffer(phys)))
294                     swiotlb_tbl_unmap_single(dev, phys, size, dir, attrs);
295     }