Intermittent errors when using amdgpu_job_submit_direct

Kuehling, Felix Felix.Kuehling at amd.com
Tue Jul 9 04:53:31 UTC 2019

I'm seeing some weird intermittent bugs (vm faults, hangs, etc) when
trying to use amdgpu_job_submit_direct. I'm wondering if there is a
possibility of a race condition, when a submit_direct and a GPU
scheduler thread try to submit to the same ring at the same time. I
didn't see any locking to allow multiple threads safely submitting to
the same ring.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
   Felix

--
F e l i x   K u e h l i n g
PMTS Software Development Engineer | Linux Compute Kernel