Spontaneous reboots when using RX 560

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:07:00 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,

> I would also test if disabling power features helps as well, try to add
> amdgpu.pg_mask=0 and amdgpu.cg_mask=0 to the kernel command line for
> example.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Just tried this, no luck. Also tried 'runpm=0' (but apparently that's
for laptop only so ...)

Even with cg_mask=0, I still see this in amdgpu_pm_info, not sure if
that's expected of if somehow the option was ignored ?

----
Clock Gating Flags Mask: 0x16b00
        Graphics Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Graphics Medium Grain memory Light Sleep: Off
        Graphics Coarse Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Graphics Coarse Grain memory Light Sleep: Off
        Graphics Coarse Grain Tree Shader Clock Gating: Off
        Graphics Coarse Grain Tree Shader Light Sleep: Off
        Graphics Command Processor Light Sleep: Off
        Graphics Run List Controller Light Sleep: Off
        Graphics 3D Coarse Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Graphics 3D Coarse Grain memory Light Sleep: Off
        Memory Controller Light Sleep: On
        Memory Controller Medium Grain Clock Gating: On
        System Direct Memory Access Light Sleep: Off
        System Direct Memory Access Medium Grain Clock Gating: On
        Bus Interface Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Bus Interface Light Sleep: Off
        Unified Video Decoder Medium Grain Clock Gating: On
        Video Compression Engine Medium Grain Clock Gating: On
        Host Data Path Light Sleep: Off
        Host Data Path Medium Grain Clock Gating: On
        Digital Right Management Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Digital Right Management Light Sleep: Off
        Rom Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Data Fabric Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Address Translation Hub Medium Grain Clock Gating: Off
        Address Translation Hub Light Sleep: Off

GFX Clocks and Power:
        300 MHz (MCLK)
        214 MHz (SCLK)
        387 MHz (PSTATE_SCLK)
        625 MHz (PSTATE_MCLK)
        775 mV (VDDGFX)
        7.254 W (average GPU)

GPU Temperature: 34 C
GPU Load: 0 %
MEM Load: 6 %

UVD: Disabled

VCE: Disabled
----

I'm not really sure what to try next. I unfortunately don't have
access to any other card or any other motherboard I could use to test
:/
(Or anything fancy like pcie bus analyzer or stuff like that).

My understanding of the first error message that shows up is that the
card itself tries to make an access to a memory zone it's not allowed
to right ?
[  144.311704] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: AMD-Vi: Event logged
[IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0000 address=0xa076010100 flags=0x0010]

Cheers,

    Sylvain