Reg. Adaptive Sync feature in xf86-video-amdgpu

uday kiran pichika udaykiran.pichika at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:45:17 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 9:45 PM Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> On 2020-04-20 6:04 p.m., uday kiran pichika wrote:
> >
> > Even in amdgpu_present_flip(), there is a check
> > for amdgpu_window_has_variable_refresh() which actually checks whether
> > window has a variable_refresh property set from the MESA or not ? this
> > check is failing in my case and never calls
> amdgpu_present_set_screen_vrr.
>
> This should be set by
>
>         get_window_priv(window)->variable_refresh = variable_refresh;
>
> in amdgpu_vrr_property_update.

I amdgpu_vrr_property_update method gets called from amdgpu_change_property
when the property is being added to the window. though variable_refresh
property is updating from the below call, this window is not same as the
one(info->flip_window) in amdgpu_present_flip.
*get_window_priv(window)*->variable_refresh = variable_refresh;

Could you please let me know you IRC ID to have a chat in that for more
information.

> > Is there any way that i can check whether MESA is setting this property ?
> >
> > To my understanding, MESA will set this property to true or false based
> on
> > whether application is running in Full screen mode or in normal mode.
>
> Mesa always sets the window property by default, unless the driconf
> option "adaptive_sync" is disabled, e.g. via the application blacklist
> in /usr/share/drirc.d/00-mesa-defaults.conf (mostly for compositors /
> browsers / video players).

Yes.. I had verified this too from
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/257941/?series=51388&rev=1