Enabling AMDGPU by default for SI & CIK

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Wed Aug 5 02:48:17 UTC 2020

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

At the risk of asking a dumb question, does amdgpu default to using DC on SI and CI ?

I'm asking because a lot of people seem to be using amdgpu successfully with analog outputs today on SI/CI... suggests that they are not using DC ?

If so then would enabling HDMI/DP audio support without DC be sufficient to flip the switch assuming we felt that other risks were manageable ?

Thanks,
John