Raven: freeze at 'modprobe amdgpu' in early console with android-x86

Mauro Rossi issor.oruam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:20:50 UTC 2020

Hi Felix,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 10:34 AM Felix Kuehling <felix.kuehling at amd.com> wrote:

> I've seen hangs on a Raven AM4 system after the Ubuntu upgrade to kernel
> 5.3. I am able to work around it by disabling stutter mode with the
> module parameter amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xfffdbfff. If that doesn't help,
> you could also try disabling GFXOFF with amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xfffd3fff.
>
> Regards,
>    Felix

I have tried with the grub kernel cmdline mentioned, but the freeze is
still happening at 'modprobe amdgpu'

Is there an explicit list of kernel module dependencies that I could
check in our kernel defconfig?

I have also added Qiang, in case he may have ever seen the issue in
his former Android experience
KR

Mauro