[Mesa-dev] [Intel-gfx] gitlab.fd.o financial situation and impact on services

Erik Faye-Lund erik.faye-lund at collabora.com
Fri Feb 28 10:06:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 11:40 +0200, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
> On 28/02/2020 11:28, Erik Faye-Lund wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 13:37 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > > On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 07:27, Daniel Vetter <
> > > daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>

> > > a) Ouch.
> > >
> > > b) we probably need to take a large step back here.
> > >
> > I kinda agree, but maybe the step doesn't have to be *too* large?
> >
> > I wonder if we could solve this by restructuring the project a bit.
> > I'm
> > talking purely from a Mesa point of view here, so it might not
> > solve
> > the full problem, but:
> >
> > 1. It feels silly that we need to test changes to e.g the i965
> > driver
> > on dragonboards. We only have a big "do not run CI at all" escape-
> > hatch.
>
> Yeah, changes on vulkan drivers or backend compilers should be
> fairly
> sandboxed.
>
> We also have tools that only work for intel stuff, that should never
> trigger anything on other people's HW.
>
> Could something be worked out using the tags?

I think so! We have the pre-defined environment variable
CI_MERGE_REQUEST_LABELS, and we can do variable conditions:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/#onlyvariablesexceptvariables

That sounds like a pretty neat middle-ground to me. I just hope that
new pipelines are triggered if new labels are added, because not
everyone is allowed to set labels, and sometimes people forget...