[Mesa-dev] [Intel-gfx] gitlab.fd.o financial situation and impact on services

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Feb 29 22:20:37 UTC 2020

Le samedi 29 février 2020 à 15:54 -0600, Jason Ekstrand a écrit :

> > > In the mean time, you can help by taking the habit to use:
> > >
> > >   git push -o ci.skip
> >
> > Thanks for the advice, I wasn't aware such an option exists. Does this
> > also work on the mesa gitlab or is this a GStreamer only thing?
>
> Mesa is already set up so that it only runs on MRs and branches named
> ci-* (or maybe it's ci/*; I can't remember).
>
> > How hard would it be to make this the default?
>
> I strongly suggest looking at how Mesa does it and doing that in
> GStreamer if you can.  It seems to work pretty well in Mesa.

You are right, they added CI_MERGE_REQUEST_SOURCE_BRANCH_NAME in 11.6
(we started our CI a while ago). But there is even better now, ou can
do:

  only:
    refs:
      - merge_requests

Thanks for the hint, I'll suggest that. I've lookup some of the backend
of mesa, I think it's really nice, though there is a lot of concept
that won't work in a multi-repo CI. Again, I need to refresh on what
was moved from the enterprise to the community version in this regard,