Amdgpu kernel oops and freezing graphics

Harvey harv at gmx.de
Mon Jul 20 08:46:22 UTC 2020

Jack

first, thanks for the answer

 > RX 5500m only has win10 support.
I have seen that (well - too late, I admit). But I would be perfectly
happy with the processor graphics of the 4800U. I bought the laptop
because of the 17 inch display in first place. If there would be a way
just to switch the 5500m off that would be perfectly enogh. I'm not a
gamer...

But AFAIK there is no way to do this without the kernel oopsing. I
thought it would be possible to make the machine usable at least...

Greetings
Harvey

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you'd better have a backup!