Reg. Adaptive Sync feature in xf86-video-amdgpu

uday kiran pichika udaykiran.pichika at gmail.com
Wed May 13 15:13:18 UTC 2020

Hello Michel and Team,

Can you please help to provide the below details on the Adaptive Sync
verification?
1. As you have mentioned in IRC, AMD has verified on Ubuntu machine with
Unity/Compiz Compositor. But when i see mesa/src/util/00-mesa-defaults.conf
where Mutter and Compiz compositors are black listed.

<application name="compiz" executable="compiz">

            <option name="adaptive_sync" value="*false*" />

<application name="mutter" executable="mutter">

                          <option name="adaptive_sync" value="*false*" />
I even tried by keeping the Ubuntu machine in Runlevel-3 mode and launched
Xorg manually. Ran a gfxapp in full screen mode. In this case modesetting
driver is not getting launched because there is no gdm3 service running.

Can you please tell me what is the setup you people followed to verify this
?

Thanks
Uday Kiran