slow rx 5600 xt fps

Javad Karabi karabijavad at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:35:02 UTC 2020

John,

yea, totally agree with you.
one other thing i havent mentioned is that, each time, ive also been
testing everything by running dota 2 with graphics settings all the
way up. and the behavior in dota2 has been consistent

its funny: when i run dota 2, it consistently hovers at 40fps, but the
weird thing is that with graphics settings all the way low, or
graphics settings all the way up, it sticks to 40fps. regardless of
vsync on / off.
i didnt mention my testing of dota 2 because i figured that glxgears
would summarize the issue best, but i do understand what you mean by
trying a more demanding test.
ive also been testing with glmark2, and it would only give 300-400fps too

heres an example:

$ vblank_mode=0 DRI_PRIME=1 glmark2
ATTENTION: default value of option vblank_mode overridden by environment.
ATTENTION: option value of option vblank_mode ignored.
    glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:     X.Org
    GL_RENDERER:   AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (NAVI10, DRM 3.36.0,
5.6.13-karabijavad, LLVM 9.0.1)
    GL_VERSION:    4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.0.4
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 128 FrameTime: 7.812 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 129 FrameTime: 7.752 ms