Issue with USB-C lanes or DSC / bandwidth on amdgpu

Thomas Gfeller thomas.gfeller at q-drop.com
Tue Aug 3 15:03:55 UTC 2021

Hi everyone.

I currently try to go all-in on Linux. Therefore I have one last issue that
I still didn't manage to resolve:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1616

I found that you guys implemented parts of the mentioned features here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/amd-gfx/2020-January/044739.html

I suspect, that there is an issue with bandwidth allocation for DP alt mode
(on USB-C) or DSC / HBR3 or both.

Any help to get this fixed is highly appreciated. Unfortunately I have no
experience in developing drivers for Linux - this is pretty advanced stuff.
Thank you very much for your contributions!

Best

Thomas