Various problems trying to vga-passthrough a Renoir iGPU to a xen/qubes-os hvm

Yann Dirson ydirson at free.fr
Wed Dec 29 16:59:18 UTC 2021

Alex wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 6:09 PM Yann Dirson <ydirson at free.fr> wrote:

My understanding is that efifb is only making use of the framebuffer set up
by the GOP.  If that's correct I don't see why the same framebuffer could
not be used by a guest once the host releases it (provided the guest boots
Tiano Core and we can tell the latter to pass the GOP framebuffer through).
Where do I get it wrong ?