[RFC] Add BPF_PROG_TYPE_CGROUP_IOCTL

Kenny Ho y2kenny at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:51:07 UTC 2021

[Resent in plain text.]

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:49 AM Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> - there's been a pile of cgroups proposal to manage gpus at the drm
>   subsystem level, some by Kenny, and frankly this at least looks a bit
>   like a quick hack to sidestep the consensus process for that.
No Daniel, this is quick *draft* to get a conversation going.  Bpf was
actually a path suggested by Tejun back in 2018 so I think you are
mischaracterizing this quite a bit.

"2018-11-20 Kenny Ho:
To put the questions in more concrete terms, let say a user wants to
 expose certain part of a gpu to a particular cgroup similar to the
 way selective cpu cores are exposed to a cgroup via cpuset, how
 should we go about enabling such functionality?

2018-11-20 Tejun Heo:
Do what the intel driver or bpf is doing?  It's not difficult to hook
into cgroup for identification purposes."

Kenny