[RFC] a new approach to detect which ring is the real black sheep upon TDR reported

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Fri Feb 26 07:57:52 UTC 2021

Hi Monk,

in general an interesting idea, but I see two major problems with that:

1. It would make the reset take much longer.

2. Things get often stuck because of timing issues, so a guilty job
might pass perfectly when run a second time.

Apart from that the whole ring mirror list turned out to be a really bad
idea. E.g. we still struggle with object life time because the concept
doesn't fit into the object model of the GPU scheduler under Linux.

We should probably work on this separately and straighten up the job
destruction once more and keep the recovery information in the fence
instead.

Regards,
Christian.