回复: [RFC] a new approach to detect which ring is the real black sheep upon TDR reported

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Sat Feb 27 03:50:33 UTC 2021

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

the code I pasted is to illustrate why the innocent job is already taken out in the mirror list thus my suggested proposal won’t work unless we don’t delete the job in sched_job_timeout() routine, and the problem you stated is with my understanding also kind of related with my suggested solution – the job removing from list should be handled by driver instead of scheduler .

let make scheduler’s duty clear and simple : the sched_job_timeout() only get notification when a sched_job timedout but it doesn’t judge  if the leading job in mirror list should be blamed , all those checking should be left to driver to take action.

>> If we do this we should probably make it configurable as a module parameter.
That’s ok,  maybe we can reuse the existed parm “gpu_recovery”, extend it with:

l  0 – no recovery initiated after job timeout

l  1 – legacy TDR behave

l  2 – enhanced TDR behave (the one suggested here)