[PATCH] drm/amdgpu: set default noretry=1 to fix kfd SVM issues for raven
Changfeng.Zhu at amd.com
Wed Jul 28 06:36:13 UTC 2021
From: changzhu <Changfeng.Zhu at amd.com>
From: Changfeng <Changfeng.Zhu at amd.com>
It can't find any issues with noretry=1 except two SVM migrate issues.
Oppositely, it will cause most SVM cases fail with noretry=0.
The two SVM migrate issues also happen with noretry=0. So it can set
default noretry=1 for raven firstly to fix most SVM fails.
Signed-off-by: Changfeng <Changfeng.Zhu at amd.com>
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_gmc.c | 15 ++++++++-------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_gmc.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_gmc.c
index 09edfb64cce0..d7f69dbd48e6 100644
@@ -606,19 +606,20 @@ void amdgpu_gmc_noretry_set(struct amdgpu_device *adev)
* noretry = 0 will cause kfd page fault tests fail
* for some ASICs, so set default to 1 for these ASICs.
+ case CHIP_RAVEN:
+ * TODO: Raven currently can fix most SVM issues with
+ * noretry =1. However it has two issues with noretry = 1
+ * on kfd migrate tests. It still needs to root causes
+ * with these two migrate fails on raven with noretry = 1.
if (amdgpu_noretry == -1)
gmc->noretry = 1;
gmc->noretry = amdgpu_noretry;
- case CHIP_RAVEN:
- /* Raven currently has issues with noretry
- * regardless of what we decide for other
- * asics, we should leave raven with
- * noretry = 0 until we root cause the
- * issues.
* default this to 0 for now, but we may want
* to change this in the future for certain
* GPUs as it can increase performance in
More information about the amd-gfx