[RFC] CRIU support for ROCm

Felix Kuehling felix.kuehling at amd.com
Fri Jun 18 21:48:33 UTC 2021

Am 2021-05-01 um 1:03 p.m. schrieb Adrian Reber:

> It would also be good to have your patchset submitted as a PR on github
> to have our normal CI test coverage of the changes.

Hi Adrian,

We moved our work to a new github repository that is a fork of
checkpoint-restore/criu so that we could send a pull request:
https://github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu/pull/1519. This is still an
RFC. It has some updates that Rajneesh explained in the pull request.
Two big things still missing that we are working on now are:

  * New ioctl API to make it maintainable and extensible for the future
  * Using DMA engines for saving/restoring VRAM contents

We should have another update with those two things in about two weeks.

We'd really appreciate feedback on the changes we had to make to core
CRIU, and the build system changes for the new plugin directory.

Thanks,
  Felix