Requests For Proposals for hosting XDC 2022 are now open

Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez siglesias at igalia.com
Thu May 20 10:15:23 UTC 2021

Hello everyone!

The X.org board is soliciting proposals to host XDC in 2022. Since
XDC 2021 is being held in Europe this year (although virtually), we've
decided to host in North America. However, the board is open to other
locations, especially if there's an interesting co-location with
another conference.

Of course though, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic it's not yet
clear whether or not it will be possible to host XDC 2022 in person,
although is seems very likely. Because of this, we would like to
make it clear that sponsors should prepare for both the possibility
of an in person conference, and the possibility of a virtual
conference. We will work with organizers on coming up with a
deadline for deciding whether or not we'll be going virtual, likely
sometime around July 2022.

If you're considering hosting XDC, we've assembled a wiki page with
what's generally expected and needed:

https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/RFP/

When submitting your proposal, please make sure to include at least the
key information about the potential location in question, possible
dates along with estimated costs. Proposals can be submitted to board
at foundation.x.org until the deadline of *September 1st, 2021*.

Additionally, an quirk early heads-up to the board if you're
considering hosting would be appreciated, in case we need to adjust the
schedule a bit. Also, earlier is better since there generally will be a
bit of Q&A with organizers.

And if you just have some questions about what organizing XDC entails,
please feel free to chat with previous organizers, or someone from the
board.

Thanks,

Sam