amdgpu support for Ryzen 5XXXG, with integrated graphics: is it?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:43:08 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm running an AMD Ryzen 5600G -- with integrated graphics -- on linux (Fedora34) kernel 5.14.14.
>
> its color output is wrong.
>
> i've reported it to AMD support; their response is that it's ONLY supported on "RHEL & Ubuntu"; they suggest I switch to Ubuntu :-/
>
> i've reported it here, on list; so far no response -- either from *@amd.com, or in general.
>
> before wasting more of anyone else's bandwidth on this --
> -- *ARE* the Ryzen 5XXX-G intended to be supported, and known to be functional for general linux/amdgpu usage?

Yes, your device is supported.  If the issue is related to the whether
or not you can override the ycbcr vs rgb setting for your monitor,
you've found the relevant threads about that.  To upstream a solution,
we need to get consensus across drivers on how to handle that and that
has been a challenge.  I believe there are some experimental patches
on one of the tickets you posted if you want to try them out.

Alex