[RFC 0/2] Let amdgpu react to platform profile changes

Mario Limonciello mario.limonciello at amd.com
Wed Nov 10 06:23:41 UTC 2021

Many OEM platform provide a platform profile knob that can be used to make
firmware tunings to the system to allow operating in a higher or lower
performance mode trading off power consumption.

Software like power-profiles-daemon to expose this knob to the UI.

As we know the user's intent to go into power saving or performance mode
from this, we can also let amdgpu react to the change.

This patch series is sent as RFC right now only to amd-gfx, and if it's
a good enough idea will re-send as PATCH to linux-acpi + amd-gfx.

Mario Limonciello (2):
  ACPI: platform_profile: Add support for notification chains
  drm/amd/pm: Add support for reacting to platform profile notification

 drivers/acpi/platform_profile.c     |  52 ++++++++++++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h |   3 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/amdgpu_pm.c  | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/platform_profile.h    |  10 +++

2.25.1