bf756fb833cb ("drm/amdgpu: add missing cleanups for Polaris12 UVD/VCE on suspend")

Borislav Petkov bp at alien8.de
Thu Oct 14 09:00:37 UTC 2021

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 02:02:48AM +0000, Quan, Evan wrote:
> [Quan, Evan] Yes, but not(apply them) at the same time. One by one as you did before.
> - try the patch1 first

Ok, first patch worked fine.

> - undo the changes of patch1 and try patch2

Did that, worked fine too except after the first resume cycle, the video
didn't continue playing.

Then I restarted the video and did a couple more suspend cycles to see
if it would not continue again. In the subsequent tries it would resume
fine and the video would continue playing too.

So I'm going to chalk that single case of halted video with the second
patch to a resume glitch or so.

Btw, I don't have pm-suspend on that box but I did suspend to RAM
assuming this is what you wanted, which is done as root with two
commands:

# echo "suspend" > /sys/power/disk
# echo "mem" > /sys/power/state

If you want me to do more extensive testing, just shoot.

HTH.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.