amdgpu "Fatal error during GPU init"; Ryzen 5600G integrated GPU + kernel 5.14.13

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 01:07:27 UTC 2021

I got this comment from ASRockRack support re: the 'purple' screen:

"
Did you also get that background color in the BIOS menu? If not, it appears that this is the color may have something to do with video driver and it seems to be common with open source operating system. I came across these two forums with similar experience, there are some solution mentioned that might help you fix the driver issue.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=202548
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1219150/ubuntu-19-10-stuck-at-purple-screen-during-boot-using-kvm
"

Doesn't seem like either of those two are a specific fit.

But the point is that ASRockRack is suggesting it's the driver/config.