DRM scheduler & amdgpu splats followed by GPU hang

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sun Dec 18 14:05:54 UTC 2022

On 12/17/22 13:12, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> With the drm-next-2022-12-13 changes for 6.2 merged on top of a 6.1.0 kernel, I hit a GPU (Picasso APU) hang in the menu of Trackmania (free-to-play Windows game, running via Wine).

It happened again when starting Return to Monkey Island, which is Linux native and uses Vulkan. It seems to be quite easy to hit with games using Vulkan (specifically Mesa's RADV).

Curiously though, I haven't hit it with games using Vulkan on a different machine with Navi 21 dGPU.

> After rebooting, I noticed the attached splats in the journal. I can't be sure that the GPU hang was directly related to these, but it seems plausible.

Given the similar reports by Borislav Petkov and Mikhail Gavrilov, it seems likely.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  https://redhat.com
Libre software enthusiast          |         Mesa and Xwayland developer