Performance drop using deinterlace_vaapi on 5.19-rcX

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Mon Jun 20 13:26:42 UTC 2022

Am 20.06.22 um 13:40 schrieb Thomas Voegtle:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2022, Christian König wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> [moving vger to bcc]
>>
>> mhm, sounds like something isn't running in parallel any more.
>>
>> We usually don't test the multimedia engines for this but we do test
>> gfx+compute, so I'm really wondering what goes wrong here.
>>
>> Could you run some tests for me? Additional to that I'm going to
>> raise that issue with our multimedia guys later today.
>
> Yes, I can run some tests for you. Which tests?

Try this as root:

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/dma_fence/dma_fence_init/enable
echo 1 >
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/dma_fence/dma_fence_signaled/enable
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_pipe > trace.log

Then start the encoding in another shell, after it completed cancel the
cat with cntr+c and save the log file.

Do this one with the old kernel and once with the new one.

Regards,
Christian.