Regression from 3c196f056666 ("drm/amdgpu: always reset the asic in suspend (v2)") on suspend?

Éric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Mon Mar 21 12:07:51 UTC 2022

My problem has never been fixed. The proposed patch has been applied to 5.15. I do not remerber which version 28 maybe.

I still have à RIP in pm_suspend. Did not test the Last two 15 versions.

I can leave with 5.10 est using own compiled kernels.

Thanks for asking.

21 mars 2022 09:58:01 Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions at leemhuis.info>:

> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. Top-posting for once,
> to make this easily accessible to everyone.
>
> Dominique/Salvatore/Eric, what's the status of this regression?
> According to the debian bug tracker the problem is solved with 5.16 and
> 5.17, but was 5.15 ever fixed?
>
> Ciao, Thorsten
>
> On 21.02.22 15:16, Alex Deucher wrote:

>>> As I have a very similar problem and also commented on the original
>>> debian bug report
>>> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1005005), I will add
>>> some information here on another amd only laptop (renoir AMD Ryzen 7
>>> 4800H with Radeon Graphics + Radeon RX 5500/5500M / Pro 5500M).
>>>
>>> For me the suspend works once, but after the first resume (I do know
>>> know if it is in the suspend path or the resume path I see a RIP in the
>>> dmesg (see aditional info in debian bug))  and later suspend do not
>>> work: It only go to the kde login screen.
>>>
>>> I was unable due to network connectivity to do a full bisect but tested
>>> with the patch I had on my laptop:
>>>
>>> 5.10.101 works, 5.10 from debian works
>>> 5.11 works
>>> 5.12 works
>>> 5.13 suspend works but when resuming the PC is dead I have to reboot