[Question/Bug?] Why does the sysfs current_link_speed report a different value than pp_dpm_pcie

Lazar, Lijo lijo.lazar at amd.com
Mon May 9 10:03:41 UTC 2022

+Mike

On 5/9/2022 8:17 AM, Quan, Evan wrote:
> [AMD Official Use Only - General]

In our architecture, GFX endpoint is not directly connected to
CPU/Chipset PCIE. We have upstream/downstream bridges in between

CPU/Chipset <-> || US Port <-> DS Port <-> GFX EP||

The actual speed will be reflected in the US port connected to the
CPU/chipset port or pp_dpm_pcie node as it shows the speed reported by
power management firmware.

Thanks,
Lijo