Fwd: Re: amd | ASUS ROG Strix G513QY fails to resume from suspend [regression] (#2008)

Thorsten Leemhuis regressions at leemhuis.info
Tue May 10 10:33:00 UTC 2022

On 10.05.22 10:37, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Linux regressions folks,
>
> A user reported a regression [1], which also trickled down to the stable
> series, for example between 5.15.13 and 5.15.14.
>
> [1]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2008

Many thx for forwarding. I'll add it to the tracking to ensure it's not
forgotten:

#regzbot introduced: 887f75cfd0da44c19dd
#regzbot from: spin83
#regzbot title: drm: amdgpu: ASUS ROG Strix G513QY fails to resume from
suspend
#regzbot link: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2008

Maybe the culprit is actually daf8de0874ab5b74b38a38726fdd3d, the report
is not clear on that, I just picked the newest the reporter mentioned
for now.

See the ticket for details, there were a few replies already. According
to Paul the problems trickled down to the stable series, for example
between 5.15.13 and 5.15.14.

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.

P.P.S.: This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply -- ideally with also
telling regzbot about it, as explained here:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/tracked-regression/