Gang submit

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Tue Sep 6 01:43:32 UTC 2022

[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi Christian

> A gang submission guarantees that multiple IBs can run on different engines at the same time.
> The effect is that as long as members of a gang are waiting to be submitted no other gang can start pushing jobs to the hardware and so deadlocks are effectively prevented.

Could you please help to explain or confirm:

1) If one gfx ib and one compute ib are in a gang, can they run literally  in parallel on GPU ?
2) if one gfx ib and one compute ib are belong to two gang, they will be put to the gfx and compute ring one by one (e.g:  gang1-gfx-ib scheduled and signaled, and then gang2-compute-ib scheduled )

Thanks
Monk Liu | Cloud GPU & Virtualization Solution | AMD
we are hiring software manager for CVS core team